Published on: 03 February 2021
British Marine is sharing the latest information on the UK Government’s Workplace Testing programme.
The scheme is now being expanded and is available to businesses in the marine sector with more than 50 members of staff.
Smaller businesses can also access employee testing via their local authority.
For businesses with more than 50 members of staff which choose to take part in the scheme, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) will provide the following:
- Lateral flow test kits
- Guidance on how to set up your own testing site
- Online training to testing site staff
- Web systems to securely manage the processing of the data
- Necessary paperwork to become a testing facility
The DHSC is hosting a webinar on Friday 5 February between 14:00-14:45 to provide more information on how employers can become involved in the scheme.
Employers can join the meeting by using the following details:
- Join with a video conferencing device
- Video Conference ID: 125 385 330 9
- Alternate VTC dialing instructions
For further information on this article and the current guidance, please visit our Coronavirus microsite or email Employee.Testing@beis.gov.uk.