Published on: 08 October 2020
This week has seen an increase in the information coming from the UK Government to support companies in preparation for the end of the Transition Period.
This new guidance includes:
- The Maritime and Coastguard Agency’s update on the phasing in of the new UK MED certification and an update of the new conformity procedures for marine equipment
- An update on changes to legal practice from 1 January 2021 – guidance for legal professionals
- Supplying medicines to Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021 – this includes life raft first aid kits
Updated guidance includes:
- Using personal data in your business after the transition period
The Government is also providing webinars. So far The Ministry of Justice and Law Society is holding a series of webinars for legal professionals discussing legal changes from 1 January 2021.
Sector webinars – Prepare your business for the end of the Transition Period: The UK has left the EU and is leaving the EU single market and customs union. The end of the Transition Period means businesses should take action now to prepare for guaranteed changes and new rules from January 2021. Join a sector focused webinar to check the new rules and understand the actions to take.
- Consumer Goods
- Services and Investment
- Electronics and Machinery
All guidance is available to members on our Brexit Microsite here.