Published on: 24 March 2020
Applications are now welcome for a number of positions on the Board of Directors for the British Marine Group of companies (the “Group Board”), which is made of the following companies:
- British Marine Federation Limited;
- BMF Property Limited;
- Southampton International Boat Show Limited;
- National Boat Shows Limited.
We are looking for committed individuals with a passion for the marine industry.
The roles will involve being at the forefront of British Marine and the Boat Shows and successful applications will have a variety of responsibilities, which will include working with the Executive Team on:
- General oversight of British Marine, its policies and decisions
- Setting the strategy and annual business plan for British Marine, including the Association’s objectives and policies and monitoring performance against it;
- Monitoring the financial performance of the Association
- Agreeing the Boat Show element of strategy and business plan for promoting and managing our Boat Shows in the UK
Successful applicants would be asked to give up around 12 days of their time a year on a voluntary basis, however travel expenses and hotel accommodation will be paid where necessary.
The term for successful applicants will be three years from the date of British Marine’s Annual General Meeting this summer, with the possibility of re-election for a further 3-year term in 2023.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please read the information below and the notes accompanying the application form here. Before completing and submitting your application form by no later than 5pm on Friday 3 April 2020 via email to email@example.com, or via post to:
Thorpe Lea Road
Surrey TW20 8BF
Please note, we are unable to consider any applications received after the time stated above. Please also note, your application form will be provided to members of British Marine Council for them to consider and vote upon your application, with successful applicants then taking office following British Marine’s Annual General Meeting in July 2020.
Please also note that any applicant will be asked to complete formal directors induction training prior to assuming the role.
For further information please contact Lesley Robinson (CEO) or Greg Munford (President).
Group Board Non-Executive Director – four positions available
All applicants for the non-executive director positions must be either a shareholder, director, owner or employee of a current British Marine member organisation and must continue to be one of these designations for the duration of their term.
Should such British Marine member organisation cease to be a member of British Marine, then the Member Representative would also cease to be a member of the Group Board.
Who we are looking for
After undertaking a skills audit earlier this year, the Board are ideally seeking candidates with some of the following skills and /or experience:
- A qualified accountant
- Someone with strategic large events experience
- A lawyer
- Members from boat manufacture, distribution, brokerage and with international exports experience in particular
- Members in the inland boating, passenger boat, small commercial and marina sectors
- Members based in East Anglia or Scotland
If candidates with the desired experience are not identified, the Board will seek to appoint up to two positions externally.
|British Marine Mission
Delivering outstanding services, representation and products to promote the sustainable success of our members.
|| British Marine Vision
A thriving industry delivering amazing on water experiences for everyone.