Published on: 16 January 2020
Want to get the latest on the business environment and export opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean (LatAC)? Are you an experienced exporter thinking of expanding to a region full of vibrant and lucrative markets?
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is delighted to invite you to join the 2020 edition of its LatAC Roadshow. Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for LatAC Jo Crellin and eight DIT country directors will be updating UK companies on the latest opportunities in these exciting markets.
- LatAC is home to over 650 million people who have seen their economy double in the past decade
- It’s a region open to trade: 1 in 10 of the 300 free trade agreements in force worldwide have been signed by LatAC countries
- Consumers are demanding innovative and ever-higher-quality products and services
- UK’s exports to the region follow an upward trend yet there’s an untapped potential of more than £4.5 billion
- Understand how geopolitical flashpoints translate into actual commercial opportunities
What can you expect?
Morning plenary with sector and market-focused information plus fellow UK companies sharing how they have succeeded in LatAC. You will benefit from dedicated time with our market experts and through one-to-one meetings you will:
- Gain specific market insights and identify potential partners
- Have a unique chance to test and solidify business strategies
- Get to know our LatAC Enquiry Hub model
- Learn about the main conferences/trade shows in the region in 2020/21
Priority sectors in the region are:
- Advanced engineering
- Financial services
- Food & drink
- Life sciences
The roadshow will mainly look at opportunities in the following markets:
- The Caribbean
- Central America
Who should attend?
Exporting UK companies who are already trading internationally and would like to expand further into the LatAC markets. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. Register here.
Dates and location
9 March: Manchester
10 March: Birmingham
11 March: London
12 March: Bristol
13 March: Cardiff & Belfast
The closing date for registrations is 10 February. Places are strictly limited so please register your interest early.