Published on: 23 January 2020
The Recreational Craft Sectoral Group (RSG) was established to assist in the uniform application and interpretation of the Recreational Craft Directive by all Notified Bodies and other parties with valid interests.
The new RSG guidelines, focused entirely on the new Recreational Craft Directive 2013/53/EU are available to download. Packed full of useful information, it's an invaluable publication for interested parties or better known as the RCD bible.
The RSG Guidelines are prepared to assist manufacturers and Notified Bodies by clarifying and defining terms, questions and grey areas within the regulations.
The RSG guidelines are available to download from the RSG website (you are required to register) or from the British Marine website.
Updates include references to newly harmonised standards, and clarification on areas such as:
- Inclusion of Stability Curves and Calculations within the technical file
- Maximum load calculation for electric propulsion systems
- Clarification of detachable parts and hydrostatic support for the calculation of hull length
- Clarification in the use of the electric propulsion standard ISO 16315
- Fire protection for electric propulsion systems