Published on: 20 February 2020
ICOMIA has released two International Maritime Organisation (IMO) reports from subcommittee meetings on Navigation, Communication and Search and Rescue (NCSR), held from 15 - 24 January 2020 and Ship Design, and Construction (SDC), held from 3 - 7 February 2020.
The items of interest to the superyacht and leisure industries from the NCSR meeting include:
- Polar Code – non-SOLAS Ships
- Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS)
- Japanese regional satellite navigation system
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) of LED lighting
- Revision of SOLAS Chapters III and IV for Modernisation of the GMDSS System
- Ship’s Routeing
The items of interest to the superyacht and leisure industries from the SDC meeting include:
- Finalisation of the draft guidelines for pleasure yachts of 300 GT and above not engaged in trade operating in polar waters
- Finalisation of the draft guidelines on second generation intact stability criteria
British Marine members can access the full reports and all supporting documents from the British Marine website here.