British Marine Tourism brings together those British Marine Associations and their members who are active in the Tourism marketplace whether in the UK or Overseas.
It provides a focus for British Marine members involved in the Tourism sector, with the aim of growing and enhancing the marine tourism industry in the UK The Objectives of British Marine Tourism are:
- Working with the ‘Visit’ family and others including DMOs to promote Boating as a Tourism activity to foster growth in the sector
- To promote British Marine members to consumers in order to drive sales, and increase regular participation in boating holidays and trips working with ‘On the Water’ and others
- Providing a resource of market intelligence and statistical information
- Enhancing the Marine Tourism offer through the provision of quality scheme(s)
- Representing the sector to Government and others
- Assisting British Marine Tourism member businesses in making the most of Government/Industry support available to them