Are you up to date with the requirements of the RCD? Get information on the latest legislation and issues within the Recreational Craft Directive.
Designed to increase and expand your knowledge of how to meet the requirements of the RCD, and assist your ability to comply to this important directive.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Update on the legal requirements applying to new recreational craft and their components
- Understanding your responsibilities when manufacturing recreational craft and their components
- Understanding the legal responsibilities of those within the supply chain of second hand vessels.
- Understanding the legislation applicable to vessel refit and repairs under the new RCD.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
- All those with responsibility for the design and construction of recreational craft, for example: directors, managers, designers, consultants and surveyors
- All those involved in boat building who are responsible for the supply of equipment to any new boat, including engine suppliers
- All those involved in the refit and repair of recreational vessels under 24m LOA
- DIY builders who wish to CE Mark their own boats
- Importers or agents for boats built outside the UK
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Extensive and up to date information on the RCD and the associated International Standards, to help bring you up to date on the latest legislation.
WHAT WILL IT COVER?
- The legal position of the RCD
- Boat design categories
- The detail of the compliance modules
- The responsibilities of the Notified Bodies
- The “Essential Requirements”
- The relationship between the directive’s requirements and the use of BS EN and ISO standards
- The details of the Technical File and documentation requirements, including “Owner’s Manual” and “Declaration of Conformity”
- Annex II components
- Post construction assessment
- Major Craft Conversion - Repair and refit
- Exhaust and sound emissions
FURTHER COURSES TO CONSIDER:
- BMET Electrical
- Marine Electronics Installer
- The Law Relating to Brokerage and Boat Retailers