Event date: 14/11/2019
Event time: 10:00am to 4:30pm
Following on from last year’s hugely successful event giving an introduction to marine insurance, marine finance and marine law to newer entrants to the industry, BM’s IFLSA will be hosting another training day on 14 November. This year’s event will look in more detail into certain aspects of marine insurance, marine finance and marine law, with experts from those disciplines giving delegates an insight into their fields of work. The sessions will be interactive, with entertaining exercises to give participants a better understanding of the issues concerned. The programme is aimed at those who work in the professional services sector of the marine industry but would benefit from a better understanding of how the various areas of expertise within that sector work together.
- 10:00-10:30 Registration & Refreshments.
- 10:30-10:35 Chair’s Introduction: Russell Kelly (LA Marine)
- 10:35-11:35 Risk analysis - how underwriters assess risk: Stephen Loader & Gareth Evans (Everard Insurance Brokers)
- 11:35-12:05 Marine Finance: Joe Dalton (Lombard)
- 12:05-12:35 A guide to Surveyors’ negligence claims: Tristan Harwood (Bartons)
- 12:35-13:20 Networking Lunch
- 13:20-14:00 An overview on VAT and customs duties: Simon Anslow (PKF Francis Clark)
- 14:00-15:00 The aftermath of a collision – actions to be taken: Lucy Goff (LA Marine)
- 15:00-15:45 Marine personal injury triage package for insurers: Alistair Tawse (Bartons)
Further information: Lucy King - email@example.com / 01784 223602
- 15:45-16:15 Chairman's closing remarks followed by Networking & Refreshments
Interested in this event?
Want to attend this event?