Closing Date14 October 2019
Valid From01 October 2019
Sutton Harbour Group, owner and operator of both Sutton Harbour Marina and King Point Marina, is looking to recruit a full time Berthing Assistant. You will be part of a small, hardworking team responsible for the cleanliness of the Harbour and surrounding areas, pollution control, routine maintenance and attending to berth holder and visitor requirements.
The role will be physically demanding and at times entail working in adverse weather conditions and so the ideal candidate will be physically fit with proven marine experience to include seamanship and small boat handling skills. A VHF operator’s licence and an RYA Powerboat level 2 certificate or equivalent is the minimum standard required. A full clean driving licence and ability to swim are also essential.
The successful candidate will be joining a cross departmental team dedicated to providing the highest standards of customer service and satisfaction and so self-motivation with a “can do” attitude is essential. Previous experience in a customer focused role would be advantageous as would previous cash handling experience and a working knowledge of modern office computer systems. The practical maintenance skills required will include a basic knowledge of woodworking and plumbing together with the ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a small team. You will hold or be required to undertake training to hold a First Aid in the Workplace Certificate. Further in-house training for specific tasks will be provided but all applicants should be able to prove competency in all the basic requirements outlined in the Job description.
As part of a cross departmental team the successful candidate will on occasions be required to work in other areas of the business if required.
Personal attributes must include an ability to work well with others, confidence, initiative, resilience a pleasant demeanour and the ability to deal with emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Maintain a professional marina operation ensuring that all customers and visitors enjoy a well presented environment to include harbour cleaning, pressure washing, refuse control and grounds maintenance.
- Ensure that the highest standards of customer service are delivered when assisting customers with berthing of vessels and general enquiries.
- Serving diesel fuel to customers
- Taking of payments for fuel, visitor berthing and other goods
- Undertake routine maintenance and repair works across the marina and shore sites.
- Carrying out and recording daily safety checks.
- Incident and defect reporting.
- Reporting to the Harbour Management Team.
Shift pattern including weekend and Bank Holiday working at both Sutton Harbour and King Point Marina. Full time role, with hours of work and shift pattern, dependent on season. Hourly rate £9.92, good holiday, pension scheme and staff insurances. This is an outdoor working role and full marine quality protective wear is provided.
Apply ToKaren Higman
Company NameSutton Harbour Company
Job TypeMarina Staff
Job RegionSouth West England
How to apply
If you would like more information about this vacancy, please contact Karen Higman