Event date: 03/09/2019
Event time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Support apprentices by mentoring
Book you place on the mentoring workshops to develop your mentoring skills and abilities and gain access to ready to use mentoring tools and techniques.
British Marine are offering two workshops for those people who mentor apprentices (one full day followed by a one half day).
The workshops are interactive and thought provoking and enable those attending to develop their mentoring skills.
Workshop one (full day) - Developing Mentoring Skills to Support Apprentices. This workshop aims to provide an understanding of the skills and behaviours needed for successful mentoring.
Workshop two (half day follow up) – Reviewing Mentoring Skills to Support Apprentices. This is run approximately two to three months after the first. The second workshop requires delegates to bring their own scenarios and experiences to the workshop and discuss progress with peers, and will act as a refresher on the skills and techniques that can support their mentoring practice going forward.
On completing the workshops, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize the role of an apprentice mentor and the key skills and abilities required for the role
- Understand how mentoring works alongside other workplace roles
- Reflect on skills and abilities, work experience, and the day to day challenges they face and how this experience can be applied to the mentoring role
- Understand core mentoring skills and how these can be applied to the mentoring role, including building trust and rapport and developing listening and questioning skills
- Plan for mentoring meetings
- Recognise issues in the mentoring relationship and understand how to address them
Dates for your diary
- First workshop – 3 September 2019
- Follow up half day workshop – 5 December 2019
For attending both workshops and workbooks:
£330 + VAT for members
Contact: Liv Whetmore - 01784 223631 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in this event?
Want to attend this event?
British MarineMarine HouseThorpe Lea RoadEGHAMSurreyTW20 8BF
British Marine Member: £396.00
Places available: 9